The Daily Record have teamed up once again with Steven Brown Art to launch another fantastic art competition in conjunction with the Scottish Education Awards
The McCoo's are colourful Scottish cows created by artist Steven Brown and now Scots children have the chance to draw and name their own version to appear in a book.
We received over 1400 entries to the Scottish Education Awards "Scotland's Past" art competition in 2017.
Now the Daily Record and Steven Brown Art have teamed up again to showcase the artistic talents of Scotland's young people.
The McCoo art competition invites young Scots between early years and S6 to design and name their own version of Steven Brown's infamous McCoo for his upcoming children's book.
There will be five category winners, who with their guest of choice, will be invited to the Scottish Education Awards ceremony on Wednesday 6th June where they will each be presented with a trophy.
One of the five will be crowned the overall winner and their illustrations will be published in Steven Brown's first children's book. The overall winner will also get the opportunity to visit the McCoo headquarters in Ayr.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries will be split into five different category age groups, early years, P1-4, P5-7, S1-3 and S4-6.
- Prize: five winners, one from each of the five categories, will be invited to the Scottish Education Awards on Wednesday 6th June at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Central along with one guest each and presented with a trophy. One winner will receive the overall prize - their artwork featured in Steven Brown Art's upcoming children's book - plus a visit to the McCoo HQ in Ayr. Date of visit to be organised direct with Steven Brown Art. Travel, accommodation and any other expenses are not included in the prize.
- Entries must be A3 sized and received in hard copy. Electronic entries and sizes other than A3 will not be accepted.
- Entries should be hand drawn or painted.
- No entries will be returned to the school.
- Student’s full name, school, local authority, city and class must be written clearly on the back of their entry.
- Entries are accepted from individuals as well as nurseries/schools.
- Entries received may be used in other marketing activities by Daily Record and Steven Brown Art.
- Closing date: all entries must be submitted by 27th April 2018 and sent directly to Kirsty Loughlin, Media Scotland Events, One Central Quay, Glasgow, G3 8DA.
- Winners will be contacted by May 15th 2018.