Raising Attainment in Literacy Award
The Scottish Education Awards recognise early learning and childcare settings and schools that have developed a vibrant and progressive culture and climate of continuous innovation.
The culture and ethos should promote respect, ambition and achievement while improving outcomes for all learners in ways which eliminate inequity.
For your nomination to be considered, you are required to respond to the statement above and in detail to the following questions. This should include practical activities and projects your educational setting has undertaken, detailing the impact these strategies have had on pupils, staff, parents and the community.
- How have you developed an innovative approach to raising attainment in literacy in your educational setting?
- How have you built capacity in your staff to have a shared understanding of how to raise attainment in literacy?
- In what ways have these approaches been developed across the curriculum?
- In what ways have you involved children and young people in planning these innovative approaches?
- In what ways have you involved parents/carers as partners?
- What partnerships have you developed to support the implementation of these approaches?
What are the outcomes of these approaches in terms of impact on:
- children and young people
- the whole school or setting community
- the wider community