Employability Across Learning Award (Primary and Early Years)
Sponsored by SDS
The Scottish Education Awards recognise early learning and childcare settings and schools that have developed a vibrant and progressive culture and climate of continuous innovation.
The culture and ethos should promote respect, ambition and achievement while improving outcomes for all learners in ways which eliminate inequity.
For your nomination to be considered, you are required to respond to the statement above and in detail to the following questions. This should include practical activities and projects your educational setting has undertaken, detailing the impact these strategies have had on pupils, staff, parents and the community.
If you can respond positively and in some detail to the following questions, we would welcome your nomination.
- How is your educational setting ensuring all children have the opportunities to develop skills for learning, life and work?
- How are these skills being developed across all curriculum areas within the educational setting, in interdisciplinary studies and in all other contexts and settings where children are learning?
- How is your educational setting ensuring children, are aware of, and understand, the value of skills for learning, life and work that they are developing?
- How is your educational setting ensuring parents are aware of, and understand, the value of skills for learning, life and work skills that they are developing?
- How is your educational setting developing quality partnerships with employers?
What are the outcomes of these approaches in terms of impact on:
- children and young people
- the whole school or setting community
- the wider community