Daily Record have teamed up with Steven Brown Art and are excited to announce we are holding a “Scotland's Past” art competition in conjunction with the Scottish Education Awards.
The art competition is aimed at raising awareness and celebrating Scotland’s history and heritage through art. Things to consider when creating your artwork,
- What do you think of when you are asked about Scotland's history?
- Look at the cultural heritage of the bagpipes, ceilidhs and Highland games
- Historic places that date back to ancient times
All entries will be exhibited at the Scottish Education Awards which take place on Wednesday 7th June at the Doubletree by Hilton, Glasgow Central.
Winners of the competition will receive the following:
- £500 to purchase art supplies for their school
- An art lesson with Steven Brown for them and their class
- An invitation to attend the Scottish Education Awards
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed for each individual who enters and also their school.
List of Full Terms and Conditions are below:
- Entries will be split into 4 different age groups, P1-4, P5-7, S1-S3 and S4-S6.
- Posters must be A3 sized and received in hard copy. Entries sized other than A3 will not be accepted.
- No entries will be returned to the school.
- Student's full name, school and class must be written clearly on the BACK of their poster.
- Entries received may be used in other marketing activities by Media Scotland Events.
- Dates of competition: Entries are open March 3rd 2017. All entries must be submitted by 28h April 2017 sent directly to Kirsty Loughlin, Media Scotland Events, One Central Quay, Glasgow, G3 8DA.
- Winners will be announced by May 5th 2017.
- All entries will be exhibited at the Scottish Education Awards which take place on Wednesday 7th June 2017 at the Doubletree by Hilton, Glasgow Central
- Art Lessons must take place between 8th-31st May, art lessons will be filmed by Media Scotland Events and VT will be shown at the Scottish Education Awards ceremony.